Inspiration is a motivational state that helps people create, but it isn’t always easily called upon. Many factors can play a part in blocking inspiration, whether you’re feeling weather-related blahs, finding yourself easily distracted, or just have a sense that your life could use some perking up. There are times all of us could use some inspiration. Sometimes you just can’t get yourself motivated, and you don’t have a clue about how to get started. Even though your to-do list is quite full, it’s not enough to wake you from your listless state.
We know everyone experiences this so we asked a few of our students how they combat being uninspired. Here’s their top 5 answers:
1. Go for a walk and focus on nature. Sometimes just being outside with all of the Earth’s natural beauty does the trick.
2. Meditate/practice deep breathing. There are a few great apps that can help guide you through a meditation sequence.
3. Listen to music that motivates you. Find a song to represent your feelings at the current moment. It can help “clear” that feeling.
4. Create a vision board. Nothing is more clear than having a visual representation of what you would like to achieve.
5. Disconnect for a bit and recharge. Put your phone down, have a conversation with a loved one… turn off the technology!
How do you get inspired? Let us know on your next visit to our Academy!